34 | My Art in AR (Augmented Reality)
Digitalization is happening everywhere. In the arts as well. Artebinaria is dedicated to create new ways of experiencing visual art in augmented reality. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can now test it with my artworks.
What is AR? And How Does It Work With Art?
If you have lately visited a virtual museum and moved around with your mouse or cursor in order to have a closer look at the artworks on display in different rooms, then you were visiting a virtually created space that may or (in many cases) may not exist in reality. This is called VR or Virtual Reality.
AR or Augmented Reality, on the other hand, means that you are looking at the real space around you (like the room you are sitting in or the street you are standing in right now) with your digital device by using the camera function, and then an AR application adds artworks to the scene so that it looks as if the artworks were placed right in front of you.
Try It Now!
Please note: Artebinaria has developed their app only for iDevices so far. So go to the Apple App Store and download for free the app Artinside Gallery+ for your iPhone or iPad. To look at my pavillon with five different rooms and five artworks in each of them, do the following:
- Open the app.
- From the different pavillons, choose and click on “Gallery Seona Sommer”.
- (Of course, you may and should also have a look at the other pavillons later that feature amazing artists, too.)
- Read the information and then click on “Enter AR”.
- You will now find the selection of five different rooms already in AR (see screenshot below).
- The upper room is preselected as you can see the little white cube with the red A next to it. Enter this room by shortly clicking on it or selectanother room by shortly clicking on it.
- Now try and move your camera to the right and to the left and see how the five artworks in this room appear right next to each other.
- Experiment with stepping closer to the artwork or stepping away from it. Also you can try to look at it from a different angle.
- If you wish to receive more informationon the exhibited art, you can either click longer on the banner of a room or, within the room, you can click longer on a single artwork.
- If you wish, you can take screenshots of the views like usual.
- For recording a movie, read the following paragraph.
Record A Movie And Send It To Me!
Actually I was going to record a nice movie for you. But… winter time and winter weather as well as restricted travelling due to the ongloing pandemic do not make it easy at the moment to find nice surroundings. So I have to postpone my plan. I would be extremely happy, though, if you find yourself in a beautiful place that would make an awesome background for my paintings and record a movie! Please name and tag me if you upload the video anywhere, or better even, please send the movie to me and so I can share in on my social media platforms. I would be so, so, so extremely happy about that !!! I would just love to see my paintings hanging in your city or your country even !!!
Please watch the following tutorial by Artebinaria on how to record a movie with the Artinside Gallery+ app. It is really simple!
Read My Interview
Besides from setting up my AR pavillon, Artebinaria also interviewed me and published the interview >> here in the Artinside Gazette.
If you would like to be notified each time a new post is published, please subribe to my email list >>HERE. You will be the first to find out!
This blog belongs to and is operated by: Atelier SommerKunst.
If you have any questions, please send us an email to mail(at)ateliersommerkunst.de.